AMA School of Medicine
Knowing the impact and need of computer & technology, Ambassador Arnable R. Aguiluz V (Father of Computer Education in the Philippines); founded the AMA Institute of Computer Studies in 1980 that will offer computer education to all the aspirants of different nations. Eventually, the Institute led the establishment of AMA Computer College.
Later on, the institution started delivering medical education to all the medical aspirants coming from different countries of the world like India, Nepal, USA, UK, Georgia, Bangladesh, etc. Then the AMA College of Medicine came into existence as a popular hub for pursuing MD (Doctor of Medicine) in Philippines. AMA School of Medicine was the name it was marked with again, in 2008.
AMASOM relies on a mission to produce competent medical practitioners, who are skilled & educated on an innovative case-based curriculum; that will help them to become self-dependent and lifelong learners making them the highly-qualified professionals.
AMA School of Medicine is considered to be the largest network of Asia and a member of the AMA Group of Companies (Company that manages & operated many schools in the Philippines).
It provides many facilities for students’ enhancement of clinical & practical skills including laboratories for Histology, Gross Anatomy, Microbiology, Parasitology, and Pathology. AMASOM has a four-year curriculum for medical students equipped with clinical reasoning, problem-solving and critical thinking with an emphasis on interdisciplinary and lifelong learning. The first three years provide the students with an integrated understanding of the basic & clinical sciences in the classrooms and community settings. The fourth year of the duration is devoted to the application of basic & clinical concepts in actual clinical and community settings. Also in the last year, students pursue internships or training in the affiliated hospitals of the School.
AMASOM has a distinguished team of faculty who hail from an excellent background and have specialization in outstanding fields. All the lectures are delivered in the English language.
Few distinct features of the School are-
- No donations & direct admission
- Ideal student-faculty ratio
- Modern infrastructure with updated technology equipment
- Hands-on-anatomy dissection
- Quality education at an affordable cost with flexible payment schemes
- Affiliated with Government authorized Hospitals and private health institutions
- Offers an MD degree; an equivalent of MBBS degree offered in India and other Commonwealth countries.
- The institution is duly recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and enlisted with the World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS).
- Degree from AMASOM allows the students to get a license for practising their medical career in India similar to MBBS doctors from India after completing all the formalities of MCI.
- General Medicine (MD- Doctor of Medicine; equivalent to MBBS in India
The college provides well-equipped and comfortable living houses for its enrolled students.
Separate hostels are available for boys & girls. Well-furnished hostel with television, refrigerator, telephone services, washing machine, air-conditioning and other basic amenities.
Other facilities like Canteen, Internet access, Mobile, etc., are also available.
Indian food is also available that attracts Indian students to pursue medical studies at AMASOM in Philippines.
Students who are living in apartments outside the University are allowed to cook food; otherwise, canteens are available for the rest within the premises of the institution.
Students at AMASOM experience a great ambience and time during the entire duration of their studies.
Many cultural and sports activities are organized on the campus for keeping the students entertained and mentally & physically fit.
- The city is located in the Philippines’ Metro Manila region and it is considered as the country’s financial hub.
- Some parts of the city were once subject to the pre-Hispanic Kingdom of Namayan, whose capital is Santa Ana district of Manila.
- The economy of Makati is engaged in financial services, wholesale/retail, services, real estate, export/import, and manufacturing.
- As categorized under the Koppen climate classification system, the city features a tropical monsoon climate. Its proximity to the equator means that the temperature range is very small, hence it is fairly comfortable for the students to stay in the region.
- Major attractions of the city are Ayala Museum, Ayala Triangle Gardens, Power plant, Filipinas Heritage Library, The Rizal Monument, etc.
- It’s known for the skyscrapers and shopping malls of Makati/ Central Business District, and for Ayala Triangle Gardens, an area dotted with trees and sculptures
- Transportation of Makati includes the Skyway (built on top of the SLEX), Metro, Railways (four stations located in Makati), the airport is 20 minutes away from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport, The Pasig River is located north of Makati.
- Famous cuisine of Makati- Chicken adobo, Kare-Kare, Sinigang, Paksiw, Kinilaw, Tapsilog, etc.
- Popular restaurants at Makati- Locavore, Café Junaita, Manam, Makati Shangri-La Manila and also Indian restaurants like Swagat Indian Cuisine, Queens at Bollywood, Royal Indian Curry House, and more.