Orenburg State Medical University was established in August 1944. ORSUM delivered the education to its first batch in May 1946. Then it was reorganized in 1994 by the enforcement of the State Committee of Russia. Its former name was Medical Institute Chkalov. Today, Russia has gained popularity among international students, especially Indian students, seeking admission for MBBS in Russia or abroad.
The University ranked among the Top Medical Universities in Russia for delivering the best medical education, accommodation facilities and other privileges.
MBBS degree from Orenburg State Medical University is globally recognized approved by the Medical Council of India (MCI), UNESCO, etc. and enlisted with World Directory of Medical Council (WDOMS). Students graduating from ORSUM have the liberty of coming back to India if they wish to pursue their medical career in India as well after cracking the MCI Screening Test or FMGE.
The University provides high-quality medical education with updated infrastructure and modern technologies equipment. Learning in ORSUM is not limited to its classrooms only, as it extends up to the numerous opportunities provided by University in practical’s & experiments. The curriculum of MBBS degree in ORSUM is designed as per the international standards. It consists of 54 subjects that give students a theoretical as well as practical training for all the modules.
University has about 47 departments with 300 professors, associate professors and doctors, who are quite skilled & high qualified professionals. ORSUM has the most reputed staff or faculty as compared to all other Top Medical Universities in Russia.
MBBS degree in ORSUM takes six years for completion and during the course, students are provided with training in medical faculty extensive program.
As far as the Fee structure for MBBS in Russia is concerned, Orenburg State Medical University provides the most feasible fee structure among all the Top Medical Universities of Russia; that too with quality medical education. Also, students pursuing MBBS from ORSUM can also opt for part-time jobs as permitted by the Government of Russia.
- Department of General Medicine (MBBS)
- Department of Paediatrics
- Department of Dentistry
- Department of Preventive Care
- Pharmaceutical Department
- Department of Clinical Psychology
- Department of Nursing Care
- Department of Pharmacy
Orenburg State Medical University has three main hostels. These are considered to be a second home for all young international students coming from various countries.
University provides favourable conditions in the hostels as all the rooms are well-furnished, equipped with the entire list of basic amenities that are required for a comfortable living. Rooms for organizations and running of events, sports areas, and household rooms with all necessary equipment, personal hygiene rooms, libraries and cloak-rooms are available on-campus.
The University management promotes a healthy lifestyle for the students
One of the preferences of University’s management is educational & social work with students. Organizing cultural or frolic activities on-campus is the habit of University. Department of Educational & Social Work takes this responsibility on its shoulders.
ORSUM has a Sports club (opened in 2013), which is responsible for organization & improvement of sports work within students, promotion of healthy lifestyle and upgrading of sportsmanship among the students. Sport club runs 12 sports leagues such as aerobics, swimming, basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, athletics, table tennis, skiing, chess, etc.
Besides all these sports activities, University also believes in organizing the various extra-curricular activities for the entertainment purpose, which plays a significant role in the personality development of students.
- The city of Orenburg is located in southwest Russia, near the border with Kazakhstan.
- The Russian Empire had begun expanding its reign in Asia starting with constructing the fortress city- Orenburg, on its eastern border. In order to sort this, a settlement was marked in 1735 at the place where ‘Or’ and the ‘Ural’ rivers cross.
- Economic sectors of the city are fuel, ferrous & non-ferrous, metal extractions, chemicals, oil chemical & food industries and Agriculture (crops growing & cattle breeding).
- The city has Orenburg History Museum has an antique cannon & regional exhibits. Orenburg Regional Museum of Fine Arts showcasing traditional lace shawls & Russian paintings, Drama Theatres, St. Nicholas Cathedral; are some of the major attractions of the place.
- The city has a dry humid continental climatic conditions with very long & hot summers and long & cold winters. Transition months are April and October.
- It has a major railway centre ever since the Samara-Zlatoust & Orenburg Tashkent railroads were completed in 1876 and 1905. It also has its Orenburg Tsentralny Airport located about 25 km east of the city, on the Orsk destination. Public transports include Buses, Trolleybuses and Fixed-route taxis.
- Popular food corners of Orenburg are Pirogi, Stolle, Russkiye Bliny, Chapai, Incontro and an Indian food restaurant- Tortoffi bez Sakhara, etc.