Akaki Tsereteli State University
Akaki Tsereteli State University was established in 1930 and now it is one of the toppest educational institutions in Georgia. Due to its high level of scientific research, training and institutions it has gained universal recognition. It was formed after the annulment of the Tbilisi State University.
The University is a diverse higher education organization that carries out academic and professional programs and is operated in active research activities. It follows the traditions of Phase and Gelati academics, principles of “Great Charter of Universities” and national & European standards of Higher Education. It aspires to offer students a high-quality education and research activities to help them in developing their personalities, grow professionally as leaders.
The University aims to always contribute towards the development of the country and recognize its responsibility towards the people. It desires to offer education programs and services throughout in order to create a source of refined knowledge to engage various people in the form of public policy formation.
Faculty of Medicine is one of the youngest faculties in the university founded in 1995. It offers various academic programs, joint programs and various curriculum activities. In 2014, it became the member of AMEE- Medical Education Association and in 2015 it got listed in WHO, and International Medical Education Catalog- IMED.
In the faculty of Medicine, there are 8 professors, 15 associate professors, 8 assistant professors in which various experts and consultants of different international organizations are included.
- DEPARTMENT OF CLINICAL MEDICINE
- DEPARTMENT OF PHARMACY
- DEPARTMENT OF DENTISTRY
The University makes students experience unique through the activities and programs organized by them. It aims to make students self-government to benefit the opportunity to indulge in the various activities within the campus.
The University does not provide any on-campus accommodation facility; it offers assistance to the students in finding a suitable accommodation close to the university.
The University provides well-furnished hostel facility to International students. It is compulsory to stay in the University’s accommodation for the first year and from second year onwards, students have the liberty to choose his/her type of hostels.
The University has different creative groups that embrace women folk music shows, theatres, music band and choreographic ensemble.
The sports team of AKAKI is quite active towards the competitions on the national & international level. It has teams – Futsal team, Basketball team and sports sections are distinguished in the following categories- Arm wrestling section, Fencing, Volleyball, Sports & Modern Dance section.
The students have the leverage of becoming a member of any circle of interest at any point in time.
- The ancient Georgian city of Kutaisi is emerging as a destination to rival the nation’s capital, Tbilisi
- Bagrati Cathedral: Dating back to the early 11th century AD, Bagrati Cathedral has stood overlooking Kutaisi for almost a thousand years.
- Kutaisi’s most iconic monastery is found just outside the city, a short 20-minute drive from Bagrati Cathedral. This UNESCO World Heritage site is one of the largest Orthodox monasteries in the world and dates back to the 12th century AD. Gelati Monastery was founded by David the Builder
- Kutaisi State Historical Museum: Learn more about the city’s far-reaching history by taking a step back in time at the Kutaisi State Historical Museum.
- Kutaisi’s Cable Car might look like it’s in need of a good revamp, but the rickety Soviet-era cable can dependably take you on a nostalgic trip above the Rioni River to the top of Besik Gabashvili Park.
- Kutaisi was the capital of many kingdoms over the centuries and in 2012, the city looked set to retake its position as Georgia’s number one city when a brand new parliament building was constructed here.