Caucasus International University
Caucasus International University was founded as a medical institute “Clinitsist” in the year 1995. The University attained a license from the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Georgia in the same year. CIU was granted Accreditation by Accreditation Council for Higher Education Institutions in the year 2005. The name and founders of the institute were replaced with a multi-profile higher education institution- Caucasus International University- LLC.
CIU is among the Top Medical Universities in Georgia. It was started with the objective of providing the best medical education in Georgia to local as well as international students coming from various corners of the world. CIU employs dedicated, hardworking, skilled and highly qualified professionals, who provide a great experience of learning to their students; which is one of the main attractions for international students.
The University is guided by the Bologna process and the Copenhagen Declaration, the European model of teaching used in MBBS modules that makes it an easy fit for foreign students.
CIU is famous among Indian students for pursuing MBBS in Georgia as it provides high-quality medical education at a very feasible cost. Also as an added advantage, the degrees offered at Caucasus International University are accredited and recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), FAIMER, and IMED and enlisted with World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS).
Faculty of Medicine offers the following programs:
- Medicine (MD- equivalent to MBBS in India)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Students in the University campus are provided with best facilities for living and dining.
The hostels are equipped with all the modern facilities and infrastructure.
All the basic amenities like 24 hours electricity and water heating system, air conditioning, TV, Internet access, and much more are available for its students.
The kitchen of the hostel is very hygienic and the food served in the canteen of the university is of very good quality. Indian food is also available.
The university campus is well secured with 24-hour security guards.
Student life at Caucasus International University campus is quite amazing and learning experience of students’ journey of MBBS in Georgia.
It is a perfect example of defining an individual’s professional and personal values. CIU is oriented on creating a healthy and comfortable healthy student environment that can be good for study at the University.
It aims at developing the life of its students in every sphere of interests for their public, social/cultural life so that they can contribute to the development of their society and country.
Every academic year at Caucasus International University is distinguished by the number of events and thematic diversities.
CIU offers interesting and diverse student life to its students: public lectures delivered by famous scientists and successful representatives of various fields; expeditions in Georgia or abroad; engagement in a music band, art and singing studios, theatre, sports sections and participation in intellectual competitions in order to reveal personal talent and interests.
CIU Art Studio organizes summer exhibition annually.
The ensemble Caucasian unites students interested in folk songs and instruments. The ensemble is actively involved in the University events and various charitable activities.
Theatre troupe -Wine Theatre is successfully functioning in CIU. The troupe annually participates in the international festival of amateur student theatres – Mask and wins prizes.
The club of the cheerful and sharp-witted has been established at CIU. The team Old Boys has won the title of Georgian Champion for the second time during the last three years.
For students, CIU has created the teams of Basketball, football, volleyball (for girls and boys) and rugby, in order to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Tbilisi is the capital & largest city of Georgia that accommodates many medical Universities. It is situated on the banks of the Kura River.
- It is still famous from its former name of pre-1936 international designation i.e. Tiflis. Tbilisi was the seat of the Imperial Viceroy, governing both Southern and Northern Caucasus.
- Tbilisi faces the humid subtropical climatic conditions with considerable continental influences. It has very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- Main attractions of the city are Narikala, Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi, Jvari, and many more destinations that are the reason for tourists attraction.
- Economic sectors of the city are Black Sea tourism, Cultivation of Agricultural products, Mining, Chemicals in small scale industries, etc.
- Transportation in Tbilisi is possible with the presence of Airport, Metro, Trams, Minibuses, Municipal Buses, Aerial tramways, etc.
- Famous food like Mtsvadi, Lobio, Qababi, Chakapuli, Badrijani Nigvzit, etc.; are served at the famous food corners of Tbilisi such as Sakhli, Barbarestan, Famous, etc.