Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University was inaugurated in the year of 1945, at Ivano city in the North-west of Ukraine; and since then it is being considered as one of the oldest and leading medical university of Ukraine. Ivano University exclusively received the title of National Medical University by the Government of Ukraine.
IFNMU is recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools. It holds the subordination from the Ministry of Public Health of Ukraine. It holds the fourth level of accreditation conferred by the State Accreditation Committee of Ukraine, as per record no. of 10 of April 24, 1994.
Many world-renowned scientists, heads of public health service, honoured doctors, working in different regions of the world; are the graduates of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University. The University takes the responsibility of providing high-quality education to aspiring students at affordable fees. Students of IFNMU are eligible to apply for the certification and licensure in 150 countries all over the world like- US, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, etc.
Indian students are also eligible to sit for the National Board of Examination (NBE) to get registered with MCI. After receiving the “eligibility certificate” from MCI prior to sitting for the competency test conducted by the NBE and complying with any other guidelines of the certification authority.
University has thirteen faculties and 48 departments excluding a preparatory department. It enrols about 5000 international students from almost 40 countries of the world including the USA, India, various regions of Africa, and many others.
In addition, University has established some scientific and international co-operation with the following institutes in the World Scientific and Educational Partners- Tajik State Medical University Abuali Ibn porch (Dushanbe, Tajikistan), National Center for toxicological studies FDA (USA), Canadian Center for dental technology (Toronto, Canada), Nikolai Testemitsanu State University of Medicine & Pharmacy (Chisinau, Moldova), University Degli Studi di Genova (Italy), and many more.
- General medicine (MBBS)
- Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy)
Out of 48 departments at the University, some of them are as follows-
- Human Anatomy
- Traumatology & Orthopedics
- Medical Chemistry
- General Hygiene
- Histology & Embryology
- Forensic Medicine
- Path- Physiology
- Nervous diseases & Neurosurgery
- Drug technology
- Child surgery, etc.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University has an elaborate facility to accommodate its enrolled students, especially international students. It comprises of three huge hostel buildings with a capacity of over 2000 students.
Rooms are fully furnished with all the basic amenities required for studying, peacefully. They are designed in an apartment like system with a two bed and three-bedroom with an attached washroom. Each floor has a common hall; a common kitchen for cooking and on the ground floor, a gym cum recreation centre with arrangements for playing table tennis.
IFNMU firmly believes in the holistic development of the students along with the dissemination of comprehensive & quality education. Professional growth invariably requires personal growth. This helps the students to spread social integration, unity, and respect for the different traditions & cultures.
University encourages the students to participate in extra-curricular, frolic and sports activities. These sort of initiatives, students can remain active & fit, while they working hard for their dreams.
- The city of Ivano-Frankivsk is a historic city of Western Ukraine. It is also considered as the administrative centre of Ivano- Frankivsk Oblast.
- It has 350 years of history as a city settlement. The city was known by its Polish name of Stanislaviv was erected as a fortress to protect the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth from Tatar invasions and to reinforce the region in case of some other Khmelnytsky Uprising would occur.
- The climate is moderately continental.
- Ivano-Frankivsk is a significant centre of machine-building, woodworking, chemical and light industries.
- The city also encourages a liberal style of working to enable people in maintaining a work-life balance.
- The City Day of Ivano-Frankivsk is celebrated in early May with great pomp and show.
- Main attractions of the city are Art Museum (Collegiate Church), Tsunami Water Park, City Lake, Bastion, Potocki Palace, etc.