Kharkiv National Medical University
Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) Ukraine is one of the oldest and leading medical higher institutions of Ukraine. It was founded in the year 1805 as the Medical Faculty of the Kharkiv University. The University is a prestigious and well recognized medical university in the world. It is also the active member of the International Association of Universities (UNESCO).
The University is currently training about 7,000 students, among them 2150 foreign citizens, and its academic staff consists of more than 630 teachers, including 102 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 387 Candidates of Medical Science, 32 members of academies, 17 Honored Scientists.
The University is enlisted with WDOMS and the IMED directory of the USA.
Kharkiv National Medical University is the best institution for foreign students who want to Study MBBS in Ukraine.
- Faculty of General Medicine (MBBS)
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology (Dentistry)
There are 6 Hostels, all hostel rooms are fully furnished and vary in size and with number of conveniences. Two or three students can share the room. The university offers separate arrangements for boys and girls. In the hostel, each room is attached with kitchen is provided for students to cook food to their own taste. All rooms in hostels are provided with internet facility. All the hostels are under the protection of the police during 24*7.
Students studying at Kharkiv National Medical University offers various exposures to many cultures for Indian students. On regular intervals, various student exchange programs are conducted in collaboration with various healthcare establishments within the country.
To keep students physically fit and active the university offers a sports club where students can get themselves enrolled and enjoy basketball, football, etc.
Interesting Fact about the City- Kharkiv
- The university is located in the city of Kharkiv in the north-east region of Ukraine.
- From December 1919 to January 1934, Kharkiv was the first capital of the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, after which the capital was changed to Kiev.
- The winters are usually long, windy, dry, freeing and usually cloudy, whereas the summers are warm and partly cloudy.
- Initially, the city is known for industrial region hosting machine building, extraction of hydrocarbons and energy production, but now has moved in the manufacturing of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, food, drinks, and tobacco.
- The city is known as the city of seven wonders. The main attractions of the city are The Freedom Square, the monument to Taras Shevchenko, Zerkal’nayaStruya Fountain, etc.