Tbilisi State Medical University
Tbilisi State Medical University is one of the biggest medical universities in Georgia imparting MBBS education. It is recognized by WHO, MCI, and many more international professional MBBS groups. Tbilisi State Medical University has formed into a huge scale, a well-managed comprehensive university with good teaching staff. It is one of those universities which is having an advanced system of education, and it trains students with the help of updated education technology of medical study. The university embraces the high-tech methods of practical medicine that empower students to be focused, competitive, and flexible in the medical field.
The university is providing best infrastructure for its MBBS students and the world class facilities like good and spacious hostels, libraries, modern classrooms, etc. Moreover, the university is providing a healthy and friendly environment on the campus for its MBBS students. The institute has various other activity centers in the campus like gym, separate sports complex, etc. The University believes in the overall development of every student and thus organizes various personality development programs such as Seminars, Debates, Conferences, and Student Exchange programs. Apart from personality development programs, the University organizes various sports and cultural events and also encourages students to partake in these activities.
Faculty of Medicine offers the following programs:
- Medicine (MD- equivalent to MBBS in India)
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Students in the University campus are provided with best facilities for living and dining.
The hostels are equipped with all the modern facilities and infrastructure.
All the basic amenities like 24 hours electricity and water heating system, air conditioning, TV, Internet access, and much more are available for its students.
The kitchen of the hostel is very hygienic and the food served in the canteen of the university is of very good quality. Indian food is also available.
The university campus is well secured with 24-hour security guards.
- Famous food like Mtsvadi, Lobio, Qababi, Chakapuli, Badrijani Nigvzit, etc.; are served at the famous food corners of Tbilisi such as Sakhli, Barbarestan, Famous, etc.
Student life at TSMU campus is quite amazing and learning experience of students’ journey of MBBS in Georgia.
It is a perfect example of defining an individual’s professional and personal values. TSMU is oriented on creating a healthy and comfortable healthy student environment that can be good for study at the University.
It aims at developing the life of its students in every sphere of interests for their public, social/cultural life so that they can contribute to the development of their society and country.
Every academic year at TSMU is distinguished by the number of events and thematic diversities.
TSMU offers interesting and diverse student life to its students: public lectures delivered by famous scientists and successful representatives of various fields; expeditions in Georgia or abroad; engagement in a music band, art and singing studios, theatre, sports sections and participation in intellectual competitions in order to reveal personal talent and interests.
TSMU Art Studio organizes summer exhibition annually.
The ensemble Caucasian unites students interested in folk songs and instruments. The ensemble is actively involved in the University events and various charitable activities.
- Tbilisi is the capital & largest city of Georgia that accommodates many medical Universities. It is situated on the banks of the Kura River.
- It is still famous from its former name of pre-1936 international designation i.e. Tiflis. Tbilisi was the seat of the Imperial Viceroy, governing both Southern and Northern Caucasus.
- Tbilisi faces the humid subtropical climatic conditions with considerable continental influences. It has very warm summers and moderately cold winters.
- Main attractions of the city are Narikala, Holy Trinity Cathedral of Tbilisi, Jvari, and many more destinations that are the reason for tourists attraction.
- Economic sectors of the city are Black Sea tourism, Cultivation of Agricultural products, Mining, Chemicals in small scale industries, etc.
- Transportation in Tbilisi is possible with the presence of Airport, Metro, Trams, Minibuses, Municipal Buses, Aerial tramways, etc.